Monday Night Brewing is an award-winning craft brewery based in Atlanta, with a distribution footprint across Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. We currently operate two taprooms in Atlanta, GA, one brewery in Birmingham, AL and one taproom in Nashville, TN. In our tenth year in business, we’re proud to produce an extensive portfolio ranging from small-batch New England IPAs to barrel-aged stouts, accessible kettle sours to mixed-culture ambers, coastal IPAs west to the manufacture of hard seltzers.
Monday Night Brewing is looking for a Field Marketing Representative to join our tight-knit and growing team. Considered by our colleagues to be one of AJC’s best places to work, we pride ourselves on living our core values and achieving our purpose: to deepen relationships around some of the best beer in the country. This is a full-time position based in Atlanta, GA starting immediately.
Who are you:
- A determined person passionate about the quality of Monday Night beer
- An enthusiastic person with a natural ability to build relationships
- An agile team player who finds change and challenges exciting
Does it look like you? We hoped so. Keep reading!
Our beer program:
- Named 3rd best brewery in the country by Beer Connoisseur (2019 and 2020)
- Named #2 Best Brewery in the Nation by the US Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Won three gold medals and one silver medal at the US Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Won a gold, silver and bronze medal at the Great American Beer Fest (2017)
- Won gold and bronze at the World Beer Cup (2022)
High level objectives:
- Increase sales by raising awareness of quality and intentionality around the Monday Night Brewing brand
- Be an expert resource on Monday Night Brewing (and beer in general) for retailers
- Build strong relationships with our wholesale partners, ensuring they are informed and educated on all things Monday Night Brewing
- Brand knowledge and awareness
- Know and understand the beer market at national, regional and local level
- Attend formal (and informal) meetings and tastings with production team leaders to learn about Monday Night Brewing’s portfolio, quality standards, processes and innovations
- Stay up to date on Monday Night Brewing events, marketing campaigns and releases by staying in touch with our taproom and marketing departments
- Retailer management
- Build strong relationships with retailers to increase Monday Night Brewing sales and awareness. Educate them about Monday Night Brewing, the portfolio and our purpose.
- Showcase Monday Night Brewing facilities inviting retailers to visit and ensure they have a great experience
- Regularly visit current and potential retailers each week
- Conduct regular staff trainings at retailers to ensure staff are knowledgeable and equipped to sell Monday Night Brewing
- Perform regular quality audits in accounts that sell Monday Night Brewing to ensure our product is fresh, properly spun (in date order), stored appropriately, and our draft lines are cleaned regularly
- Record all retailer visits and interactions in our CRM tool
- Reporting to management
- Maintain and update daily our CRM tool
- Attend a bi-weekly sales meeting prepared to receive and provide feedback on your assigned territory
- Track monthly expenses and stick to your allocated budget
- Provide a weekly sales flash report in your assigned territory to include events, wins, losses and any other points of interest
- Market commitments
- Set up, manage and execute quality Monday Night Brewing promotions including but not limited to beer dinners, festivals, tastings and features as required
- Work with marketing and production teams to ensure our market engagements meet our brand standards, beer quality and increase our brand affinity and awareness
- Wholesaler management
- Educate our wholesalers on Monday Night Brewing’s portfolio, brand standards and quality standards
- Keep our wholesalers informed and up to date on current Monday Night Brewing offers, new releases and marketing campaigns
- Submit clear and concise summaries of any market work that requires follow-up, such as (but not limited to):
- Customer commitments
- Upcoming events and/or features
- Point of Sale Needs and Requests
- Quality issues or concerns
- Make sure our wholesalers have all the tools and resources they need to meet our brand standards. This includes, but is not limited to, faucet handles, faucet magnets, sell sheets, graphics, and other point-of-sale items.
- Work with Sales Management and Analyst to ensure our wholesalers maintain appropriate inventory levels in accordance with Monday Night Brewing quality standards
- Conduct, at a minimum, quarterly quality audits at assigned wholesalers to ensure Monday Night Brewing inventory is fresh, properly rotated (in date order), and stored according to Monday Night Brewing quality standards
- Salary + bonus structure
- Flexible availability, including nights and weekends as needed
- Vehicle + fuel card
- Phone or refund
Indicators of success:
- Sales development
- Activating a new account
- Onsite and offsite account vitality with MNB brand and account relationship
- Wholesaler maintenance and account relations
Our commitment to you:
- Your manager will hold weekly one-on-ones with you.
- You can expect a clear compensation structure, see more details below.
- Your hard work will be appreciated.
- Your voice will be heard – we love to hear your ideas!
- Open communication and feedback will be welcome between you and your manager.
- Competitive salary based on experience + bonus structure
- Full-time benefits:
- Health insurance with the possibility of adding family members. Monday Night will pay approximately 75% of employee bonuses and 50% of family bonuses.
- Dental and optical coverage options, short and long term disability coverage options, life insurance options
- Paid leave (vacation, personal or sick leave)
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Cell phone plan or reimbursement
- 401k Basic Plan
- Weekly beer allowance
- Must be 21+
- 2 or more years of sales and/or marketing experience
- Dynamic team player, action-oriented, self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with a sales and hospitality mindset
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic math skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Optional, but not required:
- Soft dance moves
- ancient hoarder
- Ability to drive a car.
- Ability to climb, lift, reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift at least 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours in a hot, humid and noisy environment.
- Use repetitive movements.
- Can operate in hot and cold temperatures.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Monday Night Brewing exists to deepen relationships around some of the best beer in the country, and we filter all of our decisions through that lens. To learn more about our selection of award-winning beers and our incredible team, visit www.mondaynightbrewing.com.
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, remunerating and promoting our employees without distinction of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, sex or any other protected class, as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery and echoes our company purpose.
Monday Night Brewing is an E-Verify® Registered Employer.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Homeland Security