CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Boston College travels to South Bend, Indiana, for an ACC battle against Notre Dame Friday night at 6 p.m., which will air nationally on ACC Network.
IRISH FIGHTERS SCOUTING
• Notre Dame enters the game 4-3-1 overall and 1-2-0 in the ACC
• The Fighting Irish are coming off an 8-0 home win against Kalamazoo on Tuesday as eight different players found the back of the net.
• ND lost 1-0 at home to North Carolina in a conference game last Saturday
• Paddy Burns leads the team in goals (4) and points (8), while KK Baffour is second in scoring with seven points.
• Bryan Dowd played almost 45 minutes in goal with a 4-3-1 record, a 1.20 goals-against average and a .690 save percentage.
• Boston College are 4-10-2 against the Fighting Irish as the schools head for the 17th all-time meeting in series history
• Last year the schools drew 1-1 at Newton as Boston College played a man for 75 minutes but had to settle for a point
• The Eagles are 2-6-0 in eight previous visits to South Bend, the last of which was a 2-1 double overtime loss in the first round of the 2019 ACC Tournament.
• Seven of the last eight games between the teams have been decided by one goal or less, including each of the last three
CLIMBING THE RANKS
• With six goals in their first eight games of 2022, Stefan Sigurdarson is tied for ninth nationwide in total goals
• The senior has 22 career Boston College goals and is tied with Sherron Manswell for eighth in program history
• Sigurdarson is only the 11th player in program history to score 20 goals and trails Charlie Davies by two goals for seventh place.
• The Icelandic striker made an assist At Nacho Dominguez’s goal against Louisville on September 16 for a total of 13 points, which ranks 21st nationally
• Boston College will play its first game of October next Friday night at home under the spotlight against NC State on ACCNX at 7 p.m.